4 cups peeled and chopped potatoes
2 Tbsp melted butter
6 cloves of roasted garlic, mashed
2 egg yolks
2 Tbsp hot milk
salt and pepper to taste
• Peel and chop the potatoes.
• Place the potatoes in a pot.
• Cover the potatoes with water and bring to the boil.
• Reduce heat to simmer, cover pot and cook potatoes until just tender. Do not overcook.
• Immediately drain potatoes and place back in the pot.
• Mash them with a potato masher. Replace lid to keep potatoes warm.
• Meanwhile melt the butter and heat the milk. [Do this separately, because you are not yet sure how much of the milk you will add.]
• First, add the melted butter, the mashed roasted garlic and incorporate with the potato masher.
• Next, incorporate the egg yolks
• Add salt and pepper to taste.
• Start adding the hot milk one tablespoon at the time.
• Whip the mashed potatoes with a handheld beater, but do not overbeat.
• Serve immediately. 2-4 servings