3 russet potatoes
1/2 cup slivered bacon [if not using bacon, replace with 2 Tbsp olive oil]
1/2 cup thinly sliced spicy sausage
2-3 cups of assorted vegetables, thinly sliced [I used broccoli stems, carrots and savoy cabbage]
1/2 cup stock or water
2 Tbsp hot milk
2 egg yolks
1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
4 green onions, chopped
salt and pepper to pepper to taste
• Peel and chop the potatoes.
• Thinly slice and then chop the bacon and the sausages.
• Thinly slice the vegetables.
• Chop the fresh parsley and the green onions.
• Boil the potatoes until tender.
• Meanwhile, in a large skillet, fry up the bacon and the spicy sausages. Or replace the bacon with 2 Tbsp of olive oil.
• With a slotted spoon remove the bacon and sausages and set them aside in a warm place.
• Add the assorted vegetables to the skillet.
• Pour in the stock and sauté until the liquid is reduced.
• Remove skillet from heat and cover with a lid to keep warm.
• Drain the potatoes and mash them with hot milk.
• Add 2 egg yolks and whip.
• Place the mashed potatoes into a heated bowl.
• Add the fried bacon and sausages and the sautéed vegetables.
• Add the chopped parsley and green onions.
• Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
• Loosely combine ingredients and serve.