image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

Figyelem

Felvételeim nyilvános publikálása engedély nélkül nem használhatók.

25.3.12

MARINATED VEGETABLE SALAD


We really liked this one. This is my not-quite-Italian salad. I guess if I added stuffed olives, it could have been Italian. Not everyone I cook for likes stuffed olives or any kind of olives for that matter. It was good yesterday, today not as much. This is best sitting in the fridge for an hour, and then eaten up.

1/2 lb [about a good handful] of fresh green beans
2 cups cauliflower florets
1 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1/4 cup thinly sliced sun-dried tomatoes [I used my oven dried tomatoes]
1/8 cup red or white wine vinegar
1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil

• Clean the beans and cut the cauliflower into florets.
• Rinse and drain.
• Steam the beans and the cauliflowers separately. Cook until crisp-tender.
• Drain the chickpeas. Rinse under cold water and drain again.
• Place the beans and the cauliflower florets in a salad bowl.
• Add remaining ingredients and toss gently.
• Cover and chill for 1 hour and then serve.

2 comments:

  1. Very original! I must try it one day. It seems perfect for hot days in Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it was nice. If I make it again, I will not add the dressing to the entire bowl of vegetables. [Only to the portion that we can consume] That way we can have it fresh the following day too.

    ReplyDelete

Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.

Blog Archive