image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

Figyelem

Felvételeim nyilvános publikálása engedély nélkül nem használhatók.

18.3.12

PINEAPPLE SAUCE


Ham season is upon us; I ordered my Easter ham at Garry’s weeks ago. I thought it to be timely to make a pineapple sauce for the ham steak I have in the freezer. There will be lot of leftovers after Easter and this super simple pineapple sauce is handy to doctor up some of those hammy leftovers.

1 Tbsp butter
1 can [1-3/4 cups] crushed pineapple including its juice
1 Tbsp cornstarch
1/4 tsp salt
1-2 Tbsp sugar

• In a small saucepan, melt the butter.
• Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture thickens.
• Serve warm with ham.

2 comments:

  1. Zsuzsa, I believe I have never had pineapple sauce with ham... It sounds intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This maybe a Canadian thing, though I am not sure. For celebrations, large hams are decorated with pineapple slices, cloves and maraschino cherries. I never actually recall eating the garnish, it never appealed to me. The pineapple sauce may have been a restaurant idea at one time, it certainly works with one serving of ham well... with mashed potatoes and a little bit of green something it has the making of a perfect comfort meal. Not very Hungarian of me, but then I lived in Canada for most of my life.

    ReplyDelete

Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.

Blog Archive