image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

Figyelem

Felvételeim nyilvános publikálása engedély nélkül nem használhatók.

16.3.12

ROASTED RED PEPPER SAUCE


This is a delightful sauce and great with linguini pasta. The freshly roasted peppers are rendered non-acidic, making this sauce mild and yet delicious. I am not overly fond of anchovies, but you can add 2 whole anchovies or 1 Tbsp of anchovy paste if you like.

3 roasted red peppers
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup chopped onions
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp sage
1-1/2 Tbsp tomato paste
3/4 cup red wine

• Roast the red peppers, peel and then soak in cold water.
• Heat the olive oil in a non-stick fry pan over medium heat.
• Add the onions and sauté, stirring occasionally, until soft and translucent.
• Season the onions with salt and ground pepper.
• Add the minced garlic, sage and the tomato paste. At this point you may add the anchovies if using.
• Continue to sauté for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently.
• Add the red wine and continue cooking.
• When the wine has reduced by half, add the roasted red peppers.
• Reduce heat to low and continue to simmer for 10 more minutes.
• Transfer the pepper mixture to a blander and pure.
• Reheat as needed.
• Makes four good sized servings

If serving with linguini, cook the pasta according to package directions.
Serve the red pepper sauce over hot buttered linguini.




2 comments:

  1. How do you roast your red peppers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tamm, I am glad you asked that question, because I failed to provide a link to it. If you now click on the link in the ingredient list of this recipe, it will take you to the recipe roasting the red peppers. Thank you for alerting me about this.

    ReplyDelete

Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.

Blog Archive