image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

Figyelem

Felvételeim nyilvános publikálása engedély nélkül nem használhatók.

10.3.12

GUNDEL CREPES – GUNDEL PALACSINTA


This is not the authentic Gundel palacsinta recipe. Actually, it is better. I think that flaming the Gundel palacsinta should be a no-no. Flaming weakens the rum flavour. For the same reason I don’t pre-soak the raisins in rum. I make my chocolate sauce from pure chocolate. Pure chocolate sauce has a more intensive chocolate flavour than cocoa sauce, despite the added vanilla beans, egg yolks and the cream. This recipe is also simpler and faster to make.

12 crepes

Chocolate Sauce:
1 cup finely chopped pure bittersweet chocolate
1/4 cup milk
1/3 cup rum

Filling:
3/4 cup whipping cream
rind of 1 orange, very thinly sliced [white pith removed]
1/2 cup raisins
1 cup sugar
1 pinch of cinnamon
3 cups finely ground walnuts
1/3 cup rum

• Prepare the crepe batter first and then set it aside.
• Preheat the oven to 200F.
• Make the chocolate sauce next.
• Partially melt the chocolate with the milk in a double boiler.
• Remove from heat and stir. Add the rum, stir and set aside.
• Make the filling next.
• Place the whipping cream, the orange rind and the raisins in a large fry pan.
• Bring the cream to the boil.
• Add the sugar, the cinnamon and the ground walnuts and stir to combine.
• Reduce heat and cook stirring continuously for a minute or two.
• Remove from heat and stir in the rum.
• Cover the fry pan and set it aside in a warm place.
• Turn the oven off.
• Next, fry up the crepes. If you have two non-stick fry pans or crepe pans, this will go faster. [My mother used to have 3 crepe pans going at the time.]
• Place the crapes on a warm plate and stick the plate into the warm oven. Make sure the oven is off. The intent is to keep the crepes warm, not to bake them.
• When all the crepes are ready, spread with the filling and fold into quarters.
• Place one or two crepes on the plate and pour a little chocolate sauce on the top.

Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.

Blog Archive